Acoustic Guitar Workshop
This is an 8 day course where you will build your very own flattop acoustic guitar out of exotic tonewoods, from start to finish! This is not a “Kit Build.” We are building from scratch!
The course is taught with 1 – 2 students under the direct supervision of Luthier Eric Schaefer, so you can expect individualized attention on your guitar.
All parts and materials are provided. No experience necessary.
At the end of the week you will have your own handcrafted guitar, the skills to build more guitars, and a deep sense of pride in your work.
Special Note: To promote a continuing education in Lutherie, the online courses “Building an OM Acoustic” and “Tru-Oil Finishing: A Method for Acoustic Guitar” are given free to each student upon completion of the Acoustic Guitar Workshop. These courses include:
- more than 60 detailed instructional videos to assist students in continuing to build at home
- a year of discounts to Stewart Macdonald, Luthier’s Mercantile International, and Eric Schaefer Guitars to help students tool up after the workshop
- access to a private member’s forum so students can get their questions answered and build community with amateur and professional builders alike.
Acoustic Guitar Workshop Cost: $2550 + materials($850)
March 14 – 21 (FULL)
April 4 – 11 (FULL)
June 27 – July 4 (1 spot left)
July 18 – 25 (2 spots left)
August 1 – 8 (2 spots left)
September 19 – 26 (1 spot left)
October 10 – 17 (1 spot left)
Advanced Topics: The Art of Inlay Course – November 6 – 8 (3 spots left)
Are these the only course dates?
If the above course dates are booked or they do not fit your schedule, please suggest a date.
I can’t always accommodate your request but I may be able to make arrangements to pair you with other students who have similar schedule constraints.
1. To schedule the week for your class, please call 610-639-2777 or email email@example.com with your preferred dates.
2. Send a deposit check for $850. The remaining amount is due at the start of the class.
3. All payments should be by Check or Money Order in U.S. funds payable to: Eric Schaefer. Registration confirmation/receipt and further information will be provided to each student by email.
4. Please mail deposit payment to: Eric Schaefer 166 Tulpehocken Street Bernville, PA 19506
PAY DEPOSIT WITH PAYPAL
Classes are held at Eric Schaefer’s Guitar Building School in Bernville, PA (just outside of Reading)
The address is 166 Tulpehocken St., Bernville PA 19506
Coming from out of town? On-site lodging is offered at $540 for the week. Also, there are several hotels in the area.
“Great class. Eric offered a practical,
– Matt Hurley
” I would highly recommend taking a class with Eric to anyone who has ever considered building a guitar for themselves. I took the class along with my father in early 2014. I had previously built a classical guitar in my garage, using books and online videos as a resource. My father had no prior experience. We both achieved very good results.
The environment is comfortable and spacious. Eric is attentive and involved in every step, taking the time to explain things carefully so that you have confidence in yourself. I learned a great deal during our class. It was a very nice experience and I would encourage anyone to try it for themselves.”
– Robert McSulla
“Great workshop! The guitar I built is phenomenal! Eric is very knowledgeable and a great guy! I would definitely recommend attending one of his workshops to anyone interested. I may even do another one.”
– Chris Pulli
“Eric is an artist, a luthier, and a great teacher. He is very knowledgea
– Jim Boettger
“Most guitar building courses are two weeks or longer. After 8 days in Eric’s shop, I had a guitar that looked and sounded great.”
– Jeff Bartholomew