Note: This course is already included as a bonus in the "Building an OM Acoustic" course.
If you already own "Building an OM Acoustic," then you already own this course!
Tru-Oil Finishing: A Method for Acoustic Guitar
In this course, you will learn wood prep, pore filling, coat application and buffing techniques with Tru-Oil to create a glossy and durable finish on an acoustic guitar.
Here are just a few of the things that you will learn:
- sanding techniques to prepare the raw wood for finish
- work-space preparation tips to make the best use of your workshop space and lighting
- techniques to protect the parts of your instrument that won't be finished
- how and why to apply pore filler
- tips for cleaning and de-greasing the instrument
- a practical method for applying Tru-Oil without having to sand back runs and finish accumulation in the corners
- how to buff out the finish to a high gloss